Job Description: The Marketing/Development Intern will support the work of the Palm Beach Symphony by engaging in activities that further the mission and development of the organization. Over the course of the internship, the intern will gain valuable experience working with an expanding nonprofit assisting with a wide range of marketing and development projects and will gain substantial hands-on experience and specific training in many aspects of nonprofit development. The position will focus on pre-season marketing and member development working from the Symphony’s 2017/2018 Season Strategic Marketing Plan.
Duration: Summer 2017 with the potential to extend through the 2017-2018 academic year based on performance.
The Marketing/Development Intern’s responsibilities will include:
- A commitment to working fifteen to twenty hours per week
- Maintaining knowledge of the organization and a personal commitment to its goals and objectives
- Prepare marketing materials for distribution (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Research editorial calendars, award and profile opportunities
- Update and maintain media list
- Submit calendar listings
- Request/compare advertising rates; prepare ad calendar with deadlines
- Prepare clipbook for 2016/2017 Season
- Conducting grant research
- Assisting with production of donor materials and ongoing correspondence
- Conducting prospective member research and identifying potential relationships with volunteers, donors, community resources and partners
- Providing logistic and clerical support for development projects and donor events including: preparing mailings, working with outside vendors, maintaining database, coordinating event logistics, etc.
- Other marketing/development tasks as needed by the organization
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- A rising senior, recent graduate or graduate student majoring in Nonprofit Management, Marketing, Communications or related field
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Skill in coordinating and completing special projects and routine tasks
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office, mail merges, and database management
- Ability to work independently and with others—especially members, donors, and vendors
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
Interested candidates should submit a resume with two references, a cover letter to email@example.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
The Symphony Office 561-655-2657 or INFO@PALMBEACHSYMPHONY.ORG.