Marketing and Communications Assistant
OVERVIEW: Palm Beach Symphony seeks a highly motivated marketing and communications assistant to support all functions of a successful marketing/communications/PR team for a well-established professional symphony orchestra. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with a demonstrated ability to speak and write in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner; a strong sense of initiative; and an ability to work independently and with great attention to detail.
SUMMARY: The main purpose of this role is to support the director of marketing and communications in implementing all strategies designed to develop and enhance the organization’s brand and positively increase awareness of its mission.
Communications | Marketing | PR
- Assist in drafting and editing copy for print collateral and digital assets, including: event program books, press releases, e-news content, company reports, blog posts, articles, direct mail postcards, event signage, fliers, etc.
- Assist with developing concert ticket promotional offers and materials
- Assist in creating effective member and subscriber communications
- Provide drafting, review, and proofreading of written materials across all departments; ensure adherence to company style guidelines
- Maintain and update website content, design, and functionality; assist staff with drafting, reviewing, and updating department-specific web content
- Develop and update online “PRESS CORNER” that showcases Symphony press coverage, photos, videos, etc.
- Develop and maintain social media calendar; create and publish postings; coordinate social listening and responding
- Assist with the development, design, printing/mailing, and tracking of marketing materials, including season brochures, education materials, impact reports, concert invitations, program books, and other promotional materials
- Manage list of printers, maintain relationships with each, and coordinate quotes for various printing jobs.
- Update print and online calendar listings for concert performances and social events
- Assist with graphic design work for PBS materials and collateral using Canva, InDesign, PhotoShop
- Assist in promoting community outreach events (to include event attendance as needed)
Ticket Sales | Box Office
- Manage and/or oversee all ticket inquiries, subscriptions, and exchanges
- Process phone, mail, web, and walk-up ticket orders
- Coordinate ticket mailings and will-call distributions
- Manage ticketing system; create and maintain events in ticket system including subscription packages, memberships, group sales, single tickets, and special promotions/events
- Set up and manage box office prior to all performances
- Maintain and manage concert seating for all guest
- Create new seating manifest for each new ticketing partner
- Collaborate with venue box office personnel for management of ticket sales
- Listen to and offer solutions to patron complaints and receives constructive criticism when appropriate
- Close out all events with respect to ticket sales activities
- Prepare and maintain ticket sales reporting
- Maintain patron database; coordinate the purchase of mailing lists as needed
Research & Reporting | Systems
- Build and maintain press lists
- Assist in researching and identifying local and national media targets and press opportunities
- Track and report media coverage
- Track and report social media analytics
- Assist in preparing presentations and reports, including sales data, social media analytics, flash reports, etc.
- Develop and execute follow-up surveys to collect post-event feedback from patrons
- Update company systems with audience info collected at events and via other means
- Collect, track, organize, publish, and archive tear sheets, online articles, photos, and ads
- Assist with inventory and organization of digital assets, including organization of folders on Facebook, Instagram, DropBox, Press Corner, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or business from accredited college or university
- 3+ years’ experience in communications, marketing, public relations, business, or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a ticketing office (knowledge of Ovation ticketing system a plus)
- Impeccable grammar, vocabulary, and communications skills, both verbal and written, with knowledge of AP Style
- Strong interest in building communications/media skills (knowledge of local media a plus)
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Social media proficiency
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Basic photography and graphic design skills
- Working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, and Canva (knowledge of Adobe Design Suite a plus)
- Confidence in communicating with community leaders, donors, volunteers, media representatives, board, and staff
- Ability to work in a professional team environment, ensuring tact and positivity are always maintained
- Strong conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Efficient time-management and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high-pressure situations
- Exceptional customer service skills (experience with luxury-brand clientele a plus)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of nonprofit arts industry
- Commitment to Palm Beach Symphony’s mission
- Commitment to cultural diversity
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an insured personal vehicle.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Marketing and Communications
Qualified applicants should email a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “MarComm Assistant” in the subject line.
Please include the following information in cover letter:
- Availability and compensation requirements
- How you learned of the position
- Description of how your qualifications and experience match Palm Beach Symphony’s needs.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 8,2018.
Palm Beach Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates.